The other elements of FEERUM fittings also include a rotary valve separator and a percentage selector.
Rotary valve separator – it is used as a closing device of tanks containing powdery products and cyclones. The tightness of the tank is preserved thanks to the special construction and sealing it with a flexible insert.
Advantages of the rotary valve separator:
- Reliability – the rotor is mounted on a shaft mounted on rolling bearings
- Simple to use – can be controlled manually or automatically
- Possibility to mount the gear motor with the ATEX directive, enabling installation in explosive atmospheres
- The ability to work in high temperature fluctuations
The device is used on the discharge as a closure of tanks containing loose products. It allows you to evaluate the amount of spilled material, discharging in a hermetic manner, but above all works with a given efficiency – like a dispenser. The efficiency is regulated by changing the engine speed (e.g. by using an inverter). The selector works by cyclically opening and closing the chambers as a result of rotating the rotor with the blades inside the body. The tightness of the tank is preserved thanks to its special construction and flexible sealing inserts.
The percentage selector is usually used in facilities where a special control of the amount of material being discharged is required. Feerum produces percentage selectors with diameters of: 244 mm for a capacity of 80 t and 324 mm for a capacity of 130 t and 150 t and 406 mm (200 t).
The advantages of the percentage selector:
- Easy and quick assembly
- High corrosion resistance
- Simple operation and control
- Possibility to mount the gear motor with the ATEX directive, thanks to which the distributor can be used in explosive atmospheres